- ECG (Electrocardiogram) – Done on Cardiovit AT-2 from Schiller company.An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart. An ECG translates the heart’s electrical activity into line tracings on paper. The spikes and dips in the line tracings are called waves.
- ECG is done in patients in the case of symptoms such as dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing), chest pain (angina), fainting, palpitations or when someone can feel that their own heart beat is abnormal.
- An ECG can be used to assess if the patient has had a heart attack or evidence of a previous heart attack
- An ECG can be used to monitor the effect of medicines used for coronary artery disease.
- An ECG reveals rhythm problems such as the cause of a slow or fast heart beat.
- To demonstrate thickening of a heart muscle (left ventricular hypertrophy), for example due to long-standing high blood pressure
- To see electrolyte imbalance in blood
ECHO , STRESS ECHO & D-STRESS ECHO
- For Echocardiography we have most hi-tech machine Logic S6 from GE CompanyAn echocardiogram uses sound waves to produce images of your heart. This commonly used test allows your doctor to see how your heart is beating and pumping blood. Your referring doctor can use the images from an echocardiogram to identify various abnormalities in the heart muscle and valves.Echocardiography is done in patients for:
- Assessment of regional wall motion abnormality, LV Function, pre & post operative assessment. Valvular Heart Disease, Congenital Heart Disease, Assessment of Prosthetic Valve functioning , Endocarditic, myocarditis and pericardial disease, cardiac tamponade,
- Complications of MI e.g. VSD, MR, Effusion.
- Intracardiac mass- e.g. tumor, thrombus. Cardiac chamber size, LVH.
- Assessment of right heart, estimation of PASP, PAH
- In Stroke- Cardiac source of Embolism
- Systematic Disease e.g. Marfan’s Syndrome, SLE, Amyloidosis, Melignancies
TMT or Exercise Stress Test –Done on VEGA 201 from RMS System
- TMT or Exercise Stress Test –Done on VEGA 201 from RMS SystemTMT test is also called Exercise Stress Test, Computerised Stress Test or simply Stress test. This is the easiest popular and common test performed on heart patients to determine the severity of the heart disease. Taken at an interval, this test can also show the improvement or deterioration of patient’s angina.
- TMT is done for:Evaluation of patients with chest pain, prognosis & severity of disease, screening of latent CAD, evaluation of therapy.Early detection of labile Hypertension. Evaluation of patients with CHF, Arrhythmias, CHD & Valvular function & therapy, functional capacity.
- Precaution & PreparationFor TMT Test 3-4 hours fasting is advisablePrior consent of the patient is taken before conducting the test. BP of the patient is monitored before conducting the investigation.For TMT investigation the chest of male patient needs to be clean shaved.It is advised to wear loose clothes/ Gown for the TMT Investigation.One attendant is compulsory in case of TMT test.
- HOLTER RECORDER FROM AMT MEDICAL EQUIPMENT PVT LTD
A Holter monitor is a small portable, battery-powered medical device that measures the heart’s activity such as rate and rhythm. This testing is ordered when your doctor needs more information about the functioning of your heart than a routine electrocardiogram (ECG) can give.
Holter monitoring (24h) refers to a 24-hour, continuous test to record your heart rate and rhythm. This device has electrodes and electrical leads exactly like a regular electrocardiogram. A patient wears the Holter monitor for 12 to 48 hours as they go about their normal daily routines.The Holter monitor let your doctor see how your heart functions on a long-term basis. The recordings made by the monitor help your doctor determine if your heart is getting enough oxygen or if the electrical impulses in the heart are delayed.