NEURO PHYSIOLOGYinvestigations are done on 32 Channel Digital Video Recordingmachine from RMS Company.
EEG or electroencephalogram, is a tool used to image the brain while it is performing a cognitive task.
EEG test has a role in assessing brain activity in many conditions or procedures, such as:
- Memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease
- Sleep disorders
- Brain surgery or inflammation
- Brain death in coma patients
Precaution & Preparation
- Patient should not consume caffeine before the EEG test.
- Patient should avoid using oil, hair styling products (hairspray or gel) on the day of the exam.
- It is mandatory to bring one attendant for the investigation of EEG.
It is reported by trained Neurologist. When examining the recordings, the neurologist looks for certain patterns that represent problems in a particular area of the brain. For example, certain types of seizures have specific brain wave patterns that the trained neurologist recognizes. Likewise, a normal brain has a specific brain wave pattern that the trained neurologist recognizes. The neurologist looks at all recorded tracings, decides what is normal and what is not, and determine what the abnormal tracings represent.