At City X-ray & Scan clinic, this latest high end MRI scanner provides high quality images and with installation of SILENT MRI software, maximises patient comfort !
Employing latest and sophisticated technology, the 3T Magnetom Skyra has set new standards in medical imaging. Our scanner generates a magnetic field that is twice the strength of 1.5 Tesla machines and 10 to 15 times the strength of low field or open MRI scanners.The magnetic field produced by our 3T MRI System yields exceptional anatomic detail. Thus, if a picture is worth a thousand words.
Our latest generation 3.0T offers clinical benefits across spectrum of medical specialties by using advanced applications in Neuro, Spine, Vascular, Abdomen, Whole-body, Breast, Cardiac, Musculoskeletal, Ortho etc. and has the potential of change in course of treatment.
Why choose 3 Tesla at City X-ray & Scan Clinic?
- Silent MRI – In our centre, the 3.0T MRI system is installed with a unique technology called ‘Silent MRI’ in imaging of brain and spine, because of which only noise the patient hears is the room level noise.
- Wide bore tunnel – The wide bore helps imaging claustrophobic patients. Patient access is enhanced for both intensive care patients and MRI-guided interventional procedures and kinematic studies can be performed easier. Also helps in imaging of obese patients.
- Same day appointment scheduling is also possible
- We always have our Board Certified Radiologist on-site and available for consultation
- We are very proud of our professional and compassionate staff. Our staff will strive to make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your visit with us
Advanced Clinical applications of 3 Tesla MRI scanner
Imaging of brain and spine have been the primary application of MRI. With our latest 3 Tesla equipment, neuro-radiological imaging has become simpler and shorter than never before, yet offering highest resolution brain imaging.
It provides most accurate & quality diagnosis of Brain tumors, Stroke, Dementia, Infection, Aneurysms, Seizures, Cancer detection etc. Many studies have shown that in cases of epilepsy, which is one of the most common problems nowadays, imaging of the brain should only be done on MRI scanners higher than 1.5 Tesla for accurate detection of lesions.
It’s also helps in diagnosis of aneurysms, disorders of the eye and inner ear, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries.
It is an advanced MRI application that uses BOLD technology and measures the metabolic changes that occur within the brain. It can be used to identify important language and movement control areas in the brain in people who are being considered for brain surgery. It is also used in cognitive neuroscience, cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, and social neuroscience.
It is an advanced MR application that allows for assessement of presence and concentration of different metabolites in brain tissue thus helping in diagnosis of specific clinical process. Examples of metabolites assessed include – Choline, myoinositol, alanine, NAA and lactate, etc. These help in diagnosis entities such as brain tumors (Glial and non glial tumors), infections, ischemia and infarction, white matter diseases, hepatic encephalopathy, etc.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), with its multiplanar capabilities and excellent soft-tissue contrast, has established itself as the leading modality for noninvasive evaluation of the musculoskeletal system. It is regarded as the top imaging and diagnostic tool for the knee joint as a result of its ability to evaluate a wide range of anatomy and pathology varying from ligamentous injuries to articular cartilage lesions.
The development of advanced diagnostic MR imaging tools for the joints is of increased clinical importance as it has been recently shown that musculoskeletal imaging is the most rapidly growing field in MR imaging, second only to neuroradiology applications.
- Improved high resolution imaging of joints – eg – knee, shoulder
- Injuries of ligaments, tendons and cartilages = eg- Rotator cuff injuries
- Bone infections and marrow edema
- Traumatic injuries of bones and dislocations
- Bone tumors and assessment of extent
Functional nerve imaging is the direct imaging of nerves in a body. This technique yields a detailed image of nerves from the diffusion signal that arises from the nerve itself rather than from surrounding tissues or from fat in the nerve lining. This is extremely useful for the assessment of the brachial plexus, lumbosacral plexus, sciatic nerve and pudendal nerve amongst others.
Established non invasive technique for the evaluation of intra- and extra-hepatic bile ducts in patients with known or suspected hepatobiliary disease
This feature of MRI scanner at our centre enables imaging of vessels in patients with renal disease or raised creatinine values. No use of any contrast agent or injection is required . Used in assessment of disease process and severity in patients with peripheral arterial arterial diseases, variscose veins, renal artery stenosis, for planning of surgical and interventional procedures.
Other specialized MRI services available at CITY X-RAY & SCAN CLINIC
1. Fetal MRI
Advances in technology and software have made 3-tesla MRI a better option for examining fetal as well as placental abnormalities, with no adverse effects on the fetus. When you have an abnormal fetus, for certain things such as certain lung lesions and gastrointestinal issues, MRI gives you additional details that ultrasound cannot see.
2. MR Defaecography
Magnetic resonance (MR) defecography is a noninvasive test that uses magnetic resonance imaging to obtain images at various stages of defecation to evaluate how well the pelvic muscles are working and provide insight into rectal function. It is used to help determine the cause of fecal incontinence, constipation, and other conditions such as pelvic organ prolapse that may interfere with a person’s ability to pass stool.
3. MR Mammography
Breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), also known as magnetic resonance mammography, is a noninvasive technique for imaging the breasts. Specialized breast coils are available at our City X-Ray & Sacn clinic which creates high-quality images of the breasts and has better sensitivity and specificity for detection of breast cancer than the other currently available technologies. Breast MRI is also used in evaluation of integrity of breast implants.
Pre-requisites for an MRI scan
- Please carry your doctor’s prescription, old records and previous investigations (if any) at the time of scan.
- You are required to change into a gown which should not have any metal button, zips or any other metal bearings.
- Please inform incase you have any kidney problems or whether you are on dialysis.
- Inform in case of any metal implants inside the body you have in the body like pacemaker artificial valves, inner ear implants, artificial joints etc. Only MRI compatible implants are allowed inside the MRI scanner.
- Remove jewellery, spectacles, credit cards, hairpins, metal zippers, pins, watches or any other kind of metal item before going for MRI scan.
- You may be asked not to eat for 4-6 hours before going for MRI, for specific studies and contrast administration.
- You may also be asked if you are claustrophobic (fear of closed spaces).
- A contrast dye called gadolinium is injected in certain cases like detection of brain tumors, liver lesions, lesion in any part of the body for better assessment. Serum creatinine levels to be checked before a contrast examination.
- You must also inform the doctor if you are pregnant as MRI should not be done in 1st3 months of pregnancy.
- Moving during the scan can cause blurring of the image so you are asked to stay still.