Echocardiography is a test that uses sound waves to produce live images of your heart. The image is called an echocardiogram. This test allows your doctor to monitor how your heart and its valves are functioning. The images can help them get information about: blood clots in the heart chambers.
For Echocardiography we have most hi-tech machine Logic S6 from GE CompanyAn echocardiogram uses sound waves to produce images of your heart. This commonly used test allows your doctor to see how your heart is beating and pumping blood. Your referring doctor can use the images from an echocardiogram to identify various abnormalities in the heart muscle and valves.Echocardiography is done in patients for:
Assessment of regional wall motion abnormality, LV Function, pre & post operative assessment. Valvular Heart Disease, Congenital Heart Disease, Assessment of Prosthetic Valve functioning , Endocarditic, myocarditis and pericardial disease, cardiac tamponade,
- Complications of MI e.g. VSD, MR, Effusion.
- Intracardiac mass- e.g. tumor, thrombus. Cardiac chamber size, LVH.
- Assessment of right heart, estimation of PASP, PAH
- In Stroke- Cardiac source of Embolism
- Systematic Disease e.g. Marfan’s Syndrome, SLE, Amyloidosis, Melignancies