What is the Holter Monitor Test?
A Holter test for heart is a process of continuously monitoring your heart’s electrical activity over 24 to 48 hours. It helps record the heart’s rhythm and rate, enabling doctors to understand if it is getting enough oxygen and functioning optimally. Just like a regular EKG test or electrocardiogram, the Holter machine has electrodes and electrical leads that can pick up the heart’s activities over a continuous process.
What Heart Conditions Can a Holter Monitor Test Diagnose?
Your doctor may recommend getting a Holter monitor test to understand the cause of:
- Heart palpitations
- Arrhythmia or abnormalities in your heart’s rhythm
- Unexplained dizziness
The test is also used to evaluate how well the heart or your pacemaker is functioning, or whether the medications are working as desired. However, Holter monitoring is not recommended for routine screening of your heart if there are no symptoms or you need urgent treatment.
To book a high-quality and reliable Holter test in Delhi, call us at 011-47252000.
How the Test is Performed?
At City X Ray & Scan Clinic, we use an advanced AMT Holter monitoring device that efficiently monitors the heart’s rhythm for 24 to 48 hours, helping detect irregularities if any. To take the test, you do not need to stay in the clinic overnight. The Holter monitor is a small, battery-powered device that you can easily carry with you.
Here’s how a Holter test for heart is performed at City X Ray & Scan Clinic:
- Our highly experienced and trained technician will attach round, small, sticky patches, called electrodes, to your chest
- He will then connect the electrodes to the monitor and explain how to use it and take care of it. You can carry the monitor in your bag or pocket, or wear it around the waist
- You can comfortably wear the device and go about doing your daily activities
- We use digital Holter monitoring machines which means you do not require keeping an activity tracking of the heart. Your heart’s rhythm gets recorded automatically which our cardiologist can refer to later for effective diagnosis
- Monitor the symptoms as you take the regular heart screening. These may include shortness of breath, chest pain, uneven or skipped heartbeat
Schedule an Appointment Today and Get the Best Holter Monitor Test Cost in Delhi
Why Choose Us For the Holter Monitor Test?
Are you looking for a reliable diagnostic centre for Holter monitor test near me? Look no farther than City X Ray & Scan Clinic.
- We are one of the leading centres focusing on high-quality cardiac diagnostics
- The latest technologies and equipment to provide best-in-class Holter test in Delhi
- Personalized counselling and care to help relieve the stress and anxiety of heart screening
- The minimal scope of event drops during the recording of the heart’s rhythm. This enables us to deliver reliable and accurate reports every time
- Get a specialised Holter monitoring test at your doorstep
Attractive discounts on Holter monitor test cost in Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 When can I get the reports for my Holter test?
Typically, it can take up to 2 weeks to scan the data recorded by the Holter machine and have the cardiologist interpret the same.
Q.2 Are there any risks of wearing a Holter monitor?
Wearing a Holter monitor is completely safe and does not involve any risk. However, the tape which is used to stick the electrodes to your chest may cause some irritation or itchiness. They will go away after some time.
Q.3 What should I avoid doing when wearing a Holter monitor?
During the Holter test, prevent bathing, swimming or taking a shower. Do not have an x-ray or go near a metal detector or high-voltage area.
Q.4 What is the cost of the Holter monitor test?
The Holter monitor test cost in Delhi starts from INR 2000/-. Book with us today to get attractive discounts.
For a top-notch Holter monitor test near me, get in touch with City X Ray & Scan Clinic and book an appointment online.