What is an Ultrasound Test?
Ultrasound is a medical diagnostic procedure that uses sound waves (and not radiation) to capture real-time images of your body’s internal organs, structures and soft tissues, including blood vessels. These images provide valuable insights into diagnosing an underlying health condition or disease and guiding the treatment process.
The sonography test works on the concept of “sonar” technology, sending high-frequency sound waves to the part of the body being scanned. If there are no anomalies or blockages in the target organ or soft tissue being tested, the sound waves will travel smoothly through them. In case, there are certain blockages or abnormalities, the sound waves will bounce off and generate dense images.
At City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, we specialise in a wide range of ultrasound procedures that include:
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound
- Prostate ultrasound
- Pregnancy ultrasound
Schedule a test today and get the best ultrasound price in Delhi.
Purpose of an Ultrasound
Your doctor may recommend an ultrasound test for various reasons as discussed herewith:
- Check the ovaries and uterus during pregnancy and continuously monitor the health and growth of the developing baby
- Examine a lump in the breast
- Detect a disease of the gallbladder
- Evaluate the thyroid gland
- Assess metabolic bone diseases or musculoskeletal conditions
- Diagnose prostate and genital problems
- Examine joint inflammation
- Determine if blood is flowing optimally
- Guide a biopsy procedure or treatment for a tumour
To book an ultrasound in Delhi, get in touch with us at 011-4725-2000.
Benefits of 3D and 4D Ultrasound Tests
At City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, we specialise in highly advanced 3D and 4D ultrasound. This enables us to create more detailed and fuller images of the internal structure being scanned. This helps in accurately diagnosing and closely monitoring a wide range of health conditions and diseases.
For instance, when you take a 3D ultrasound near me at our diagnostic centre, it can serve as an effective diagnostic tool for screening women’s vaginal health. It can help diagnose and monitor a wide range of problems such as cysts, fibroids, polyps, tumours or masses. On the other hand, a 4D ultrasound near me at City X-Ray & Scan Clinic can be highly effective in having a more detailed and fuller look at the unborn baby in the womb.
These are non-invasive and safe procedures and can help identify birth defects or other health problems which may otherwise not show in a standard ultrasound. To book a high-quality 3D or 4D ultrasound near me in Delhi, call us today. We ensure unmatched diagnostic excellence at an affordable 4D ultrasound price.
How is an Ultrasound Performed?
The procedure of an ultrasound test will vary depending on the part of the body being scanned and the potential health problem. Typically, a standard ultrasound test involves the following steps:
- You will need to lie down on a comfortable table and our consultant radiologist will apply a gel to the area being scanned. The water-soluble gel makes it easier for the ultrasound transducer to glide smoothly onto your body. The transducer releases high-frequency sound waves to capture high-quality images.
- Next, the radiologist will gently press the handheld transducer (scanner) on the target area and move it slowly to transmit sound waves. The device will capture the sound waves that bounce back from your body’s internal structures and tissues, and send them to a computer device. The computer will read the recordings and create high-quality images.
- During the procedure, the radiologist may also ask you to hold your breath and stay still for a few seconds. This helps get clearer images.
- Once enough images have been captured, you can wipe off the remaining gel from your body and you will be done.
For high-quality, safe and affordable ultrasound near me, contact us today.
Why Choose Us For Ultrasound in Delhi?
Here’s what makes us the most trusted ultrasound centre in Delhi:
- 29+ years of experience in diagnostic excellence and patient care
- Highly experienced and trained specialists
- Most advanced 3D and 4D ultrasound test in Delhi
- State-of-the-art testing facilities
- Strict adherence to diagnostic care regulations
- Affordable ultrasound test cost
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Does ultrasound require any special preparation?
Ans: Ultrasound preparation is not necessary for most procedures. But there are certain exceptions:
- For a gallbladder ultrasound, you may need to fast for a certain period before the test
- For pelvic or abdominal ultrasounds, a full bladder may be required. So, you will require drinking water and not urinate at all until the test is done.
- Ultrasounds in young children may also need special preparation. Make sure you ask our technicians for any specific instructions that you need to follow.
Q.2 How long does an ultrasound take?
Ans: A typical ultrasound test may take around 30-60 minutes to complete depending on the part of the body being scanned or the medical issue.
Q.3 What does the ultrasound test cost in Delhi?
Ans: Ultrasound price in Delhi starts from INR 450/-. However, the prices vary based on the type of ultrasound procedure you are having.
For best-in-class and affordable ultrasound near me, get in touch with us at 011-4725-2000 and book an appointment today.