What is CT Coronary Angiogram?
A computerized tomography (CT) angiogram is a diagnostic imaging procedure, used to monitor the arteries and blood vessels that supply blood to the heart. The test involves using a powerful X-ray machine, and often, a contrast to generate high-quality images of the heart and blood vessels. It is non-invasive and helps diagnose a wide range of heart conditions.
Why Do You Need a CT Angiogram?
There may be several reasons why your doctor may recommend getting a CT coronary angiogram to detect:
- If you have blocked or narrowed coronary arteries
- The risk of a heart attack
- The reason for inadequate supply of blood or oxygen to the heart
- Symptoms such as chest pains, difficulty breathing, fainting or dizziness
- The cause of irregular heart rate, also known as arrhythmias
- Coronary artery disease
- A bulge in the aorta (aneurysm)
- Fluid building up around the heart or an injury or damage to the heart valves
If you are looking for high-quality and reliable CT angiography near me, City X-Ray & Scan Clinic is a name you can count upon.
State-of-the-Art CT Coronary Angiogram at Best Prices in Delhi
We are one of the leading diagnostic centres in India, built on the foundation of dedicated patient care, innovation in diagnosis and high levels of accuracy – every time.
To ensure the high-precision diagnosis of coronary problems and improved patient experience, we use the most advanced Somatom Definition AS CT 581/s Multi-Slice Spiral CT Scanner from Siemens. The cutting-edge device renders 581 slices per second, one of the best and fastest in the industry. So, you can be assured that the test takes only a few minutes to complete and provides accurate images for a faster and better diagnosis.
It is one of the safest CT scanners in the world, reducing your exposure to radiation – almost less than 66% of other CT scanners in the market. Ultra-high resolution helps capture even the finest details with utmost precision. A shorter scan time further ensure increased patient comfort.
CT coronary angiography near me? Look no farther than City X-Ray & Scan Clinic. We ensure the highest standards of diagnostic care while ensuring affordable CT coronary angiography cost in Delhi.
Benefits of CT Coronary Angiography
There are several reasons why CT coronary angiography is preferred more than a traditional angiogram or traditional x-rays:
- It is a non-invasive procedure
- The procedure delivers more detailed and precise images of blood vessels and tissues, unlike traditional x-rays
- We use the latest CT scanners that produce 561 slices in a second, ensuring the test is completed quickly
- Reduces radiation exposure by up to 66% than conventional x-rays
- We offer attractive discounts on CT coronary angiography price while ensuring effective diagnosis of several medical conditions
- Low risk of complications
- The procedure is also available in an outpatient setting
To book high-quality and reliable “CT angiography near me,” call us at 011-47252000.
How is a CT Coronary Angiogram Done?
Typically, we perform the procedure in our outpatient facility because it is non-invasive. Our highly trained technician will give you a numbing medication and then insert an IV line in the arm or hand to inject the contrast. Using a dye makes the heart’s arteries and blood vessels more detailed and clearer in the images.
The technician will then attach electrodes to your chest which help record your heart rate. You are then required to lie down on a table which slides through a dome-shaped, hollow machine. During the procedure, you need to stay still and hold your breath as directed by the technician. Any kind of movement may blur the images.
While the actual scanning takes somewhat around 5 seconds, the entire process may take up to an hour to complete. Once the test is complete, you can get back to your normal activities. Make sure you drink plenty of water; it will help flush out the dye from the body.
So, book an appointment today and get attractive discounts on our CT angiography test cost in Delhi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Are there any risks of CT coronary angiogram?
During the procedure, the patient is exposed to some level of radiation coming through the x-ray scanner. However, we use the most advanced and safe CT scanner where the radiation exposure is minimal. Hence, any risk due to radiation exposure is negligible. However, some patients may have problems with the contrast medium used in the process. This may cause allergic reactions, a warm feeling, vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, etc, although, the risks of such conditions are low.
Q2. How to prepare for the test?
- You may be suggested to fast for 4 hours before the test
- Do not consume alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, or other stimulants at least 12 hours before the angiogram
- If you are taking any special medications, tell your doctor before taking the test
- Just before the test, you will be asked to change into a gown and remove all types of metal objects and eyeglasses. Dentures must also be removed. Tell our technicians if you have metal dental implants To get best-in-class diagnostic services, combined with affordable CT coronary angiography costs in Delhi, call us today.