DEXA Scan – When It Is Used?
DEXA scan, also known as bone density scan, is widely used to diagnose various bone-health-related problems and to determine a person’s susceptibility to such problems.
Your doctor may recommend the scan if you are at a higher risk of developing bone problems, such as osteoporosis.
A DEXA scan is primarily used to:
- Assess the presence or vulnerability of osteoporosis in a patient
- Diagnose bone loss or an internal injury
- Determine the degree of risk for a fracture or damaged bones
- Ascertain the effectiveness of medications used for osteoporosis
Are You At a High Risk of Getting a Bone Problem?
Take a “BMD test near me” today. Check for these risk factors:
- You already have a bone health condition, resulting in low bone density
- You had a bone fracture after an injury or fall
- You are a woman in your early menopause phase or have had the ovaries removed before the age of 45
- You are in your postmenopausal stage and have a BMI (body mass index) less than 21, or your family has a history of hip fracture, or you drink and smoke heavily
- You are taking oral glucocorticoids steroids for more than 3 months – these anti-inflammatory medicines can also weaken your bones
- You are a woman with more than a year’s gap between your periods
If you fall under any of the above conditions, you might be more vulnerable to bone problems. So, trust us for a “DEXA scan near me” that can aid in early diagnosis & treatment.
Advantages of a Bone Mineral Density Scan
There are several benefits when you choose City X Ray & Scan Clinic for a bone mineral density test or DEXA scan:
- Highly advanced and medically-certified DEXA scanners
- Minimum exposure to harmful radiation with no potential side effects
- Fast, high-quality and precise diagnosis of a patient’s risk of developing bone health problems, such as a fracture or Osteoporosis
- We ensure the highest standards of safety during the procedure
- Affordable BMD test price in Delhi
The DEXA Scan Procedure – Safe, Reliable and Prompt
At City X Ray & Scan Clinic, we leave no stone unturned to ensure you have a comfortable and safe scan experience at our diagnostic centre.
During the procedure, you will be laid down comfortably on your back on the BMD table. To get the desired position for the scan, the technologist may use certain positioning devices such as a wedge or a foam block. The arm of the DEXA scanner will pass over your body and use two x-ray beams to accurately measure the bone’s mineral density.
These beams use only little radiation, ensuring the test is safe and does not have any side effects on your body. The DEXA scanner will then convert the bone mineral density measurements into easy-to-understand graphs and images. The results are then interpreted by an experienced radiologist.
Looking for the best facility to get a “DEXA scan near me?” Schedule a test today and get the best BMD test price in Delhi. We provide BMD test results within 12-24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How long will the Bone Mineral Density test take?
Regardless of your health condition, a BMD test may take 25-30 minutes to complete.
Q2. What does the DEXA scan report indicate?
A person’s bone mineral density is measured based on a T-score. It indicates how dense your bone is in comparison to a healthy and normal 30-year-old adult.
If the T-score is between 0 and -1, it is regarded as normal.
A T-score between -1 and -2.5 is considered low bone mass and indicates a higher risk of fracture. This bone condition is also known as osteopenia.
A T-score that is less than or equal to -2.5 is considered the condition of osteoporosis.
Q3. What does the bone density test cost in Delhi?
The DEXA scan cost in Delhi may vary depending on where you get the test done and the part of the body being scanned.
A full-body DEXA scan cost in Delhi will be higher than testing the bone density at any specific part of the body. Are you looking for a high-quality, reliable and safe BMD test near me? Trust City X Ray & Scan Clinic for professional & prompt diagnostic services and affordable BMD test price in Delhi.