What is a Mammogram?
A mammography is an x-ray of the breasts, often used to detect breast tumour or early signs of cancer. Doctors often recommend two types of mammography tests in different situations: diagnostic mammograms and screening mammograms.
A screening mammogram is performed to aid in the early detection, prevention and treatment of breast cancer. Regular screening can help minimise the risk of death from cancer among women aged between 40 and 74. They are highly vulnerable to developing breast cancer and therefore, should be screened regularly to help detect breast cancer early and provide treatment before cancer has spread.
At City X Ray & Scan Clinic, we also perform diagnostic mammograms for women who have the common signs and symptoms of breast cancer. Check out the warning signs that include:
- A soft mass or lumpiness in one/both of the breasts or in the underarms
- A feeling of irritation or indentation of the breast skin due to a protrusion
- A bump in any part of the breast or skin thickening
- Flaky skin or redness in the breast’s nipple area
- An abnormal change in the shape or size of any one of the breasts
- Abnormal nipple discharge, including blood
- Pain in the nipple area or any part of the breast
If you experience any of these signs and symptoms, get in touch with us for a high-quality and reliable “mammography test near me.
City X Ray & Scan Clinic: Specialising in Digital Mammogram
If you are looking for a fast, reliable and safe breast cancer mammogram test in Delhi, look no further. We are one of the top diagnostic centres providing digital mammography with utmost precision. Unlike traditional mammography systems, the x-rays are converted into electrical signals which then produce highly precise images of the person’s breast. These images can be viewed on the computer or printed on X-ray films.
We use highly advanced digital mammogram devices that help capture high-quality and accurate x-ray images. In the digital format, these images can be easily manipulated to enhance their contrast or resolution. They can also be zoomed out or zoomed in to have a clearer view for better interpretation.
This helps detect small tumours or dense breast tissues – and mostly does not require getting a follow-up imaging done. Mammography often indicates an early onset of breast cancer or can rule out its possibility. So, browse the Internet for “mammography test near me” and schedule an appointment with City X Ray & Scan Clinic.
Advantages of Mammogram Screening at City X Ray & Scan Clinic
We are one of the leading diagnostic centres in Delhi, offering high-quality mammogram screening with the following advantages:
- Full-field digital mammography (FFDM) uses electrical signals to capture highly accurate and clearer images of the breast
- We aid in the early detection of breast cancer by performing regular screening mammograms. Diagnosis of cancer at an early stage is often curable
- Our state-of-the-art digital screening devices expose the patients to low doses of radiation which does not have any side effect on the body
- Get expert breast cancer screening services, combined with patient care and professionalism
- Highly experienced mammogram technologists and radiologists who ensure thorough screening and accurate reporting
- Schedule an appointment at any time convenient to you
- Enjoy the best breast scan price in Delhi
We are the only diagnostic centre in Delhi where you can get progressive screening investigations done at the most competitive mammography test cost in Delhi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to prepare for a mammography test?
Mammography does not require any special preparation. Keep the following in mind to have a hassle-free experience at our diagnostic centre:
i) Before the procedure, you will need to undress from your waist up and change into a gown. It is recommended to wear a pant or a skirt with a loose top instead of a one-piece
ii) Do not get a mammogram done immediately before or during your periods. During this time, your breasts may seem to be swollen which may affect the screening results
iii) Do not use talc or perfume before the test
Q2. How long does a digital mammography test take to complete?
A digital mammogram takes high-quality pictures of your breast from side to side and from top to bottom. The complete process may take around 20 minutes.
Q3. What is the breast scan price in Delhi?
The mammography test price in Delhi will vary based on the type of scan being performed. However, at City X Ray & Scan Clinic, we ensure the most competitive mammography test cost in Delhi. Call us at 011-47252000 to book a test today!