What is an NCV Test?
A nerve conduction velocity test is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure that measures how fast an electrical impulse travels through your peripheral nerves. It can help identify nerve damage or a nerve disorder. During the procedure, electrode patches will be attached to the patient’s skin and short bursts of electrical impulse will be triggered to stimulate the underlying nerve or muscle.
Other electrode patches attached to the skin will then record the electrical activity and compile the data to help doctors evaluate how the nerve responds to these impulses. The procedure also shows how the muscles contract and rest when stimulated by electrical impulses. It is an effective test that helps evaluate your nerve health.
To book an “NCV test near me,” call City X-Ray & Clinic at 011-47252000.
Why Do I Need an NCV Test?
If you consistently experience the following signs and symptoms, your doctor may recommend an NCV test along with an EMG test:
- A tingling sensation
- Loss of muscular control, muscle weakness, or rigidity
- Cramping and stiffness of muscles
- Sudden onset or a persistent headache
- Lack of coordination
- Memory loss or impaired mental ability
Under these conditions, you may need to undergo a nerve conduction velocity test which can help diagnose problems with nerves. At the same time, you may also need to take an EMG test that can detect if a muscle is working optimally in response to a nerve’s stimuli.
Here are some reasons why you should take an NCV and EMG test:
- To identify the source of pain, tingling, weakness, or cramping
- To evaluate if you have a nerve or muscle disorder
- To ensure optimum nerve and muscle health
- To understand the causes of muscle weakness and disorder apart from pain
At City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, we ensure high-quality and accurate diagnostic procedures at an affordable NCV test price in Delhi. Book a test today.
What Can Our NCV Test Help Diagnose?
If you experience nerve-related or muscle-related pain or discomfort, it is recommended to take an NCV test. Common nerve disorders that can be diagnosed using this test are:
- Peripheral nerve injury - Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Sciatic nerve disorders - Herniated disk disease
- Multiple sclerosis - Alzheimer’s
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease - Strokes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - Language or speech disorder
- Seizures & epilepsy - Parkinson’s
The NCV test is performed by our highly experienced neurologists and trained technicians, ensuring utmost safety and care. The test is performed with utmost precision to aid in proper diagnosis of the underlying condition and effective treatment.
If you are looking for an “NCV test near me,” trust City X-Ray & Scan Clinic. We ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy but at an attractive NCV test price in Delhi.
Why Choose Us for NCV Test in Delhi?
At City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, our objective is to help you live a healthy life through accurate diagnosis and the right treatment. We leverage the most advanced and cutting-edge NCV testing procedures while focusing on patient care and improving the quality of life. We also provide the most competitive NCV test cost in Delhi.