City X-Ray & Scan Clinic specialises in penile doppler ultrasound which is primarily used to determine the type of erectile dysfunction you have – vascular or non-vascular. Poor vascular health is considered one of the primary causes of ED, resulting in a disparity between the arterial inflow of blood to the penis and venous outflow. ED may also be caused due to several other factors such as lumps, fibrosis, plaques or even cancer.
If you are looking for a high-quality penile doppler test near me in Delhi, City X-Ray & Scan Clinic is a name you can trust. We leverage advanced technologies and the expertise of our consultant urologists to ensure improved accuracy of the ultrasound test.
Purpose of a Penile Doppler Ultrasound
There may be several reasons why your urologist may recommend getting a penile doppler ultrasound done – primarily related to erectile dysfunction:
- Evaluate the vascular health of your genitals to understand if blood flows optimally in and out of the genitals.
- Determine the cause of erectile dysfunction, including poor vascular health, plaque in the blood vessels, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. which can damage the blood vessels and affect the flow of blood to the genitals.
- Assess how your erectile dysfunction condition is responding to vasodilation medications. If you have an inflow type of ED, the vasodilator drugs may not work efficiently. Therefore, such therapies can be inconvenient and wasteful.
On the other hand, if you are suffering from outflow ED, then medications causing a greater inflow during erection may not be suitable to hold the erection. Taking a penile doppler ultrasound near me at City X-Ray & Scan Clinic can help me understand the type of erectile dysfunction you have, thereby, determining the right therapy or medications.
To get high-quality ultrasound services at an affordable penile doppler test price, get in touch with us.
How is a Penile Doppler Test Performed?
During the test, you need to lie down on your back. Our experienced technologist will then inject a vasodilator drug into your penile tissue using a fine needle. This will help relax your blood vessels after which we can begin the ultrasound process.
Our consultant radiologist will gently press the ultrasound transducer along the sides of your genitals, sending ultrasound waves and capturing the echoes. The computer will collect the echo and pitch details in the form of a video feed that will help show how blood flows in and out of the penis.
The ultrasound is a non-invasive procedure and does not cause any side effects. It is safe to perform under the guidance of our experienced consultant radiologists. If your penile erection stays longer than the test duration, you might be given another injection that causes the penis to become flaccid again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Does a penile doppler ultrasound require special preparation?
While there are no special preparations required, you need to follow the below instructions:
- If you regularly take any medication for high blood pressure, continue taking it on the day of the test as well. High blood pressure may impact the ultrasound procedure
- If you are taking any vasodilator drug, it is recommended not to take it on the day of the test
- If you use penile injections for erectile dysfunction condition, make sure you do not use them for 24 hours before and after the ultrasound
- Do not involve in masturbation or sexual intercourse on the day of the test
- Wear loose-fitting pants and comfortable clothes
Q.2 Does the procedure hurt?
Ans: When you take a penile doppler test near me at City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, we ensure following the highest safety measures while keeping the patient’s health and comfort in mind. The procedure is non-invasive and the penile injection will only cause a pinching sensation like an insect bite. It does not cause any prolonged pain, discomfort or side effects.
Q.3 Is the penile doppler test safe?
Ans: It is absolutely safe and does not involve any type of radiation. The penile injection may cause little bruising, discomfort or lightheadedness but the effects will go away in some time.
Q.4 How long does the procedure take to complete?
Ans: The ultrasound process may take approximately 20 minutes; however, the entire appointment may take 60 minutes or even more.
Q.5 What does the penile doppler test cost in Delhi?
Ans:The penile doppler test price in Delhi at City X-Ray & Scan Clinic is INR 4000 to INR 5000/- only. At City X-Ray, we ensure the best-quality diagnostic services for penile doppler ultrasound but at an affordable price. Contact us for the best discount on a test.