What are Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs)?
Pulmonary Function Tests are a group of non-invasive tests that can help measure how optimally your lungs function. The tests examine how well you can breathe and whether your lungs can effectively send oxygen to the rest of the body. Your doctor may recommend getting a PFT test done:
- If you are showing symptoms of an underlying lung problem
- To evaluate your pulmonary condition before having a surgery
- To monitor your lung health when you are constantly being exposed to certain harmful substances in your workplace or environment
- To assess the course of a chronic pulmonary disease or how well you are responding to treatment plans
To book a “pulmonary test near me,” get in touch with City X-Ray & Scan Clinic. We are an award-winning diagnostic centre in Delhi, specialising in advanced pulmonary function tests. We use state-of-the-art PFT systems that not only aid in screening but proper diagnosis as well. For affordable PFT test cost in Delhi, book an appointment today.
What are the Different Types of Pulmonary Function Tests?
At City X-Ray & Scan Clinic, we have in-depth expertise in performing eight types of PFTs that include:
- Spirometry: This is the most widely-performed lung function test that measures the quantity of air you can inhale and exhale at a time. It also monitors how efficiently your lungs are pushing out the air.
- Lung Diffusion Capacity: This pulmonary function test helps assess if the inhaled air is flowing thoroughly from the lungs into the bloodstream.
- Arterial Blood Gas Test: It is a blood test used to determine the level of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your body.
- Pulse Oximetry Test: It is a simple pulmonary test used to measure the level of oxygen in your blood.
- Body Plethysmography: The test measures the amount of air that your lungs can hold. It also measures the amount of air that is left in your lungs after you exhale.
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Stress Test: This pulmonary test evaluates the health of both your heart and the lungs. It is recommended for patients who have underlying lung or heart diseases.
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide Test: Often, asthmatic conditions cause a significant rise in the level of nitric acid in your body. This pulmonary function test measures the amount of nitric acid present in the air that you exhale.
Whatever your lung condition, trust us for a high-quality and reliable PFT test near me. Our experienced radiologists will educate you on the type of pulmonary function test you are undergoing and what it can help diagnose. Our high-tech lab is fully-equipped with modern devices while our trained technicians have the expertise to perform all types of PFTs.
Call us today at 011-47252000 to book an appointment and enjoy affordable PFT test cost.
Why Are Pulmonary Function Tests Done?
A pulmonary function test is a complete assessment of the respiratory system that helps identify how effectively your lungs function and whether there is an underlying problem. If you are experiencing breathing problems or already have a lung condition, your doctor may recommend PFTs to determine how you are responding to treatment or if the condition is deteriorating.
In most cases, pulmonary function tests can help detect:
- Allergies affecting the lungs
- Respiratory infections
- Weakness of the muscles in your chest wall
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung fibrosis
- Scleroderma, a health condition that affects the connective tissues
- Pulmonary tumour
- Lung cancer
How to prepare for PFTs?
PFTs do not require any special preparation. However, you need to wear loose clothing and remove all metal, including dentures, from your body. During the procedure, a nasal clip will be set on your nose to ensure you breathe only through your mouth. Depending on the type of lung function test you are undergoing, multiple techniques of inhalation and exhalation will be used.
Why Choose City X-Ray & Scan Clinic for PFT?
If you are looking for a trustworthy and reputable diagnostic centre that provides a “PFT test near me,” we are the best choice. Here’s why:
- State-of-the-art PFT machines
- Highly experienced and trained radiologists
- Accurate results for better diagnosis and prompt treatment
- Trusted, reliable and transparent
- Affordable PFT test cost in Delhi
Book an Appointment Today and Get Affordable PFT Test Price in Delhi!