The Uses of Nuclear Thyroid Scan Test at our Diagnostic Centre
A thyroid scan helps your doctor to identify the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. The radioactive tracer releases gamma rays after reaching the thyroid gland through your bloodstream. Our technician will use specialised gamma cameras to detect and scan images of the thyroid gland.
Our gamma camera scans the thyroid gland. It also tracks the radioactive tracer and measures the efficacy of the thyroid gland in processing it. During the procedure, the gamma camera works in conjunction with the computer to create images of the gland.
It helps in detailing the overall structure of the gland and how it interacts with the tracer. With a thyroid scan test at our clinic, we can evaluate the anomalies in your thyroid gland. Based on the clear images derived from the test, we can diagnose the following conditions.
- Inflammation and swelling
- An underactive thyroid gland
- Cancer in the thyroid gland
- Goitre, or the abnormal enlargement of the thyroid
- Nodules, lumps, or abnormal growths
The nuclear thyroid scan is the best diagnostic procedure is suitable for detecting thyroid cancers.
Preparing for a Thyroid Scan at City X-Ray Clinic
You should search for a nuclear thyroid scan near me to discover our diagnostic centre. At City X-Ray Clinic, we always believe in offering complete information to our patients. Here are some ways to prepare for a thyroid scan at our centre.
- If there is any chance that you’re pregnant, let us know
- Nursing mothers should not undergo this diagnostic procedure as the radionuclides can harm the quality of breast milk
- A week before the scan, you should avoid certain types of medicines or food items
- Avoid consuming food items rich in iodine or thyroid hormones
- You should inform your healthcare provider of any supplements you’re consuming
- You might have to fast for several hours beforehand if administered with a radioactive tracer
- It is essential to remove all types of metal jewellery items and implants
To undergo a comprehensive nuclear thyroid scan in Delhi, consult with us today.
Things to Expect during a Nuclear Thyroid Scan
Before the test, we will inject you with a radioactive tracer. After the injection, you will have to wait 15-20 minutes before having the scan. Our technicians will take you to the scan room for a detailed scan. When undergoing the thyroid scan, you will have to lie down on a bed.
We will position the specialised gamma cameras close over your head. The technicians will capture images of the thyroid gland from various angles. We will move the camera slightly to get the best angle. It is crucial that you lie still during this procedure.
Moreover, refrain from swallowing anything as it can blur the images. If you find this difficult, you should consult with us immediately. At City X-Ray Clinic, we have nuclear medicine specialists. They may examine your neck to feel for any type of thyroid nodules.
When might you Require a Nuclear Thyroid Scan?
Here are some conditions when you might need to undergo a thyroid scan.
- Masses or lumps in the neck
- Planning of the radiation therapy
- Malignancy of the thyroid gland
- Ectopic thyroid
Nuclear Thyroid Scan is a Completely Safe Procedure at the City X-Ray Clinic
Being NABL-accredited laboratory, we ensure that you get the smallest radiation dose. We have certified and experienced technicians who supervise the entire scan.
- The radioactive material contains minimum radiation.
- The gamma camera used to capture images doesn’t develop radiation
Nuclear medicine has been a key component of diagnostic scans at our centre for more than three decades. To undergo the best nuclear thyroid test, consult with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why Undergo a Nuclear Thyroid Scan?
Your doctor may recommend a nuclear thyroid scan to detect the anomalies within the gland.
Q2. What is the Total Duration of a Nuclear Thyroid Scan?
The total time taken to complete a thyroid scan with nuclear medicine usually takes approximately one hour.