What is a TMT?
A TMT, or a treadmill test, is a type of stress test that helps monitor the flow of blood to the heart during controlled conditions of physical pressure and rest. Since physical activities such as exercising make the heart pump faster and harder, a TMT heart test can help identify problems that are hindering optimal blood flow in the heart.
A TMT typically involves the person walking or running on a treadmill, or pedalling a stationary bike as an ECG device captures your heart’s activity. A treadmill test is performed to:
- Understand how efficiently the heart pumps blood, both during rest or a physical activity
- Detect coronary artery disease
- Identify problems with the heart’s rhythm, also known as arrhythmias
- Know if the heart is getting enough blood supply
- Examine the heart before a surgery
- Guide effective treatment for various heart disorders
- Detect problems with your heart valves and muscles
- Monitor electric stability of the heart during exercise and at rest
If your doctor has recommended getting a TMT heart test, trust City X-Ray & Scan Clinic for high-quality, reliable and affordable diagnostic services near you.
How a Treadmill Test is Performed?
Before the TMT, the doctor will ask about your medical history. If you have any pre-existing conditions, it is important to notify the doctor about them. Health conditions like diabetes can fluctuate the blood sugar level during exercising. This can impact the test report.
The stress exercise test is designed to make the heart pump faster and harder. And this is primarily done by making the person walk on a treadmill. In the beginning, the pace of the treadmill will be slow to allow your body to get accustomed to exercising. Gradually, the speed is increased according to your comfort level.
During the entire procedure, a technician will constantly monitor your heart rate through an ECG device attached to your chest. Your heart’s response to the following elements is measured during this exercise test:
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Your heart’s electrical activity
- Oxygen levels
- How hard or efficiently your heart is functioning as compared to others of your age or gender
City X-Ray & Scan Clinic is the best choice for a TMT test near me in Delhi. We use the latest TMT device, the VEGA 201 from RMS System, which captures the heart’s rate and other factors efficiently and accurately. The test is done under supervision of MD doctor, at City X-Ray
Call us today at 011-47252000 to get high-quality diagnostic services and the best TMT test price in Delhi.
How Do I Prepare For a TMT Test?
When you consult our team for a TMT, we will guide you through the entire preparation process:
- You are required to fast for at least 3-4 hours before taking the test. It is advisable to take a stress exercise test first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least at a gap of 3-4 hours.
- Before performing the test, we will take your prior consent. It is compulsory to have one person attend you when you take the test.
- Our technician will monitor your blood pressure and other vital stats before conducting the test.
- You need to wear loose clothes or change into a gown for the TMT.
- Men are required to shave their chest; otherwise, the electrodes will not stick properly and the result may not show correctly
If you are looking for a trusted and experienced diagnostic centre for TMT tests near me, look no farther than City X-Ray & Scan Clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 How to book a TMT test?
Booking a treadmill test with us is simple and quick. Click the “Book a Test” button at the top right corner of our site and fill up our simple online form and submit it with a preferred date and time. We will get back to you to understand your diagnostic testing requirements. The test details and TMT test price will be discussed with you over the phone. Once you agree, we will book the test as per your suitable date and time.
Q.2 Can TMT help diagnose a heart blockage?
Yes. Treadmill tests are useful in detecting various heart conditions, including arterial blockages from severe to medium.
Q.3 Is a TMT test accurate?
Typically, a TMT is not conducted for diagnosis. It is primarily used to detect cardiovascular abnormalities if any.
Q.4 What is the TMT test price in Delhi?
The TMT test price in Delhi starts from around INR 1200/-. However, when you book a test with us, you can expect attractive discounts on TNT test costs near me.
Call today to book an appointment.